Saturday, March 27, 2021

Hero Arts Hummingbird Cards

 Hello friends and fellow card makers!  I am excited to share with you two cards that I made using the Hero Arts "Color Layering Hummingbird" set.  It was so much fun to see this beautiful hummingbird image come to life with the easy color layering.  I think it is one of those sets that I will be using many times in the future.



For my first card I used exclusively Hero Arts for my stamps and dies.  This includes the  "Color Layering Hummingbird" stamp & die combo, "Oval Woodgrain Frames Infinity Dies"and oldie but favorite cling stamp from Hero called "Envelope Liner Background" (unfortunately I don't think this one is currently available).

 

This second card has the addition of a few other dies from my collection.  The panel die is Spellbinders "Hemstitch Rectangles"   The sentiment die is a new one from the Greetery "Spring" die with the small banner die "Happy" greeting also from The Greetery  stamp & die set called "Pretext Sentiments" .  

On both of my cards, I used a selection of Hero Arts inks to stamp my hummingbird and flowers and found lining up this layering set was easier than most.  For the second card, I masked the center of my rectangle and used "Speckled Egg" Distress Oxide to lightly blend from the outside edge toward the center.  The "Oval Woodgrain" frame was cut from white cardstock and also inked with "Speckled Egg" Distress Oxide. 

Thanks for dropping by to see my work.  I hope you found something to inspire your own creations.  Your questions, comments and suggestions are always most welcome.



3 comments:

  1. Hey LaVon, congrats on your win over at Hero Arts Stay Crafy challenge! Lovely cards indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely. I have this stamp set and can’t wait to incorporate some of your ideas into my next card

    ReplyDelete