Monday, February 29, 2016

Crazy Cats

                                   



I had some play time over this past weekend and I brought out the "Crazy Cats" for some fun inspiration. We are a the only dog owners in our immediate family. Our daughter has strong cat allergies so it has never been an option. We have a friendly "Dog vs Cat" rivalry within the family. Can't think of a set that is going to be more fun than these "Crazy Cats" to make some playful cards for all the cat lovers I know.
These Crazy fellows are just purr-fect for building scenes around, the possibilities are infinite.

For both of these cards I build the scenes using a combination of inking, stamps and my Silhouette for a few cut files.  For the first card I had some difficulty in getting the rain effect that I wanted.  I ended up using a Silhouette cut file to make my own stencil, then using Versa Mark ink with clear embossing to make a resist to a distress inked background. The background for my second card was created using two stencils from the Tim Holtz collection.  The sentiment for the first card is also Tim Holtz and for the second card my sentiment is computer generated.  
Silhouette Files:  
"Background Mask Rain" design ID# 74088 
"Umbrella" design ID# 57142
"Rat" design ID# 67723
"Computer Monitor" design ID# 20387



Thought I would also share this one with you.  I did this one earlier this month.  The background is something that I hand drew and colored.  I generated this sentiment on my computer.  As you can see I am having great fun with the set so far.
More to come I am sure... there are six Crazy Cats to play with!

As always, thank you for dropping by.  Your comments questions or recommendations are very welcome.



Supplies:





No comments:

Post a Comment