Thursday, February 25, 2016

Watercolor Exercise Cards / Cont.

 Thought I would share a few of my more successful watercolor exercises.  I used these to create cards.  Some of my floral watercolors are actually turning out good enough now to be presentable as a piece of art for the focal point of these cards.  Have to admit that there have been quite a few rejects along the way as well.

This one is my personal favorite so far.  I love daisies and blue is always a go to color for me.  Love the fresh look of a pretty blue.

The technique is background coloring.  I lightly drew a few daisy with a watercolor pencil.  Then outlined the shapes with color.  Some of the final shading comes from the watercolor pencil.


This card is free style flowers on a piece that was first prepared with a wash of watercolor.  I used my scor board to outline the image and added a ribbon to match the wash.

The white for the daisy like flower on this piece is one of the colors in the Kuretake Gansai 36 color set.  I used these for all of the cards showcased here.





This one is again a free style floral.   I added some splatter and the sentiment directly to the piece.
It is framed with a gold metallic paper.  To give a more finished look and bring in the gold I applied a gold metallic rub on to accent the edges.






The final card in the this group was one of my small practice pieces. I found that I wasted less of my watercolor paper if I did smaller pieces.  I used the die from My Favorite Thngs " Stitched Basic Edges" MFT-599 to add some interest.

As always, thank you for dropping by.  Your comments questions or recommendations are very welcome.

SUPPLIES:




No comments:

Post a Comment