This will be the first post on my new and improved blog!
Previously I had a wordpress blog spot that for reasons unknown to me got corrupted. Once that happened and after many months of trying without success to retrieve my work, I have decided that I must start again. Here it the first post. My site is not a completed work, but I am anxious to post again.
My first post as it turns out will be Valentines Day card. Appropriate because it is one of my favorite card making holidays.
My card uses the Hero Arts January Kit. I have started to get this monthly kit and so far I love it.
Almost everything used on the card came with the kit. The only things I added were the arrow embellishment which I took from a cut file for the Silhouette "11pc Valentine Set" and the Lil' Inker Design "Stitched Rectangles" Die for my panel. My front panel was splattered with a watercolor to match the colors front the kit.
To create the shaker card.
1. Die cut the front panel along with a identical panel from thin fun foam.
2. Attached the foam panel to the card with a strong tape like scor tape, outlining the edges of the opening closely to avoid lost shaker bits.
3. Use the scor tape to outline the opening again on the outward facing foam panel.
4. Add your shaker mix to the well created by the fun foam before exposing the sticky scor tape.
5. Attach the acrylic square to top of the opening.
6. Finally, add the front panel.