Thursday, July 20, 2017

Summer Floral Notecards

The cards I am sharing today are a gift set that I made for a friend using the July My Monthly Hero kit.  The note cards are all 4 bar sided using the same stamps for the image and each opens to a blank sheet of paper cut to size for the inside.

The bucket was stamped with Black Archival Ink.  I used a small piece of micro pore tape to mask off a the back edge of the bucket.  Using water based markers I applied the ink directly to the stamp.  The colors I used here are from an very inexpensive set of markers that I purchased at Costco a few years back but, I could have used Tombow, Zig or even Distress Markers to get a similar end result.   I applied the markers to different sections of the stamp to color the image and repeated,  each time adding more color using my Misti.  First using the darker purple, adding the green where I thought there would be stems and then going back with two lighter shades of purple pink.  When I was happy with the colors, I went over some of the flowers using a the brush just water to do a little blending of the colors.
For the pail,  I scribbled a grey marker onto my craft mat and using a wet brush applied the color with just a touch of the green color from my leaves.   The shadow at the bottom was done the same way. 

I used the single floral spray from the kit and the bow to add an embellishment to the envelopes in my set. There are 6 note cards in the set which I packaged in a clear box tied with a bit of purple ribbon.

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot.  Your comments, questions and suggestions are always very welcome.


Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A Venti Cup a Day Keeps the Doctor Away???

They say it is actually good for me.  Finally, something that I enjoy is reportedly not bad but good for me.  Did you see THIS.  I have begun working on an ART Journal and this is the second page.
The subject of my page is coffee and my love of it.   The Art Journal that I have chosen to work with is one that I purchased at Michaels.  The pages are chipboard with a ring binder.
This is my first attempt at a Journal and I wanted something that I could add dimension too.

I began this page by painting on two layers of Gesso to prepare the surface and block out the color of the chipboard.  The Gesso makes it a bit more challenging to work with water reactive inks as the surface is more water resistant.  I found that if I didn't dry the layers thoroughly it could be easily rubbed off.  I used a combination of Distress Oxides and regular Distress Inks in the background.  The three coffees were stamped onto watercolor paper, colored with watercolors, fussy cut and then adhered with Multi Media Matte.  The burlap, lettering and arrow were all attached with the Multi Media Matte.

Thanks for visiting my blog.   Your comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome.