Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A Venti Cup a Day Keeps the Doctor Away???

They say it is actually good for me.  Finally, something that I enjoy is reportedly not bad but good for me.  Did you see THIS.  I have begun working on an ART Journal and this is the second page.
The subject of my page is coffee and my love of it.   The Art Journal that I have chosen to work with is one that I purchased at Michaels.  The pages are chipboard with a ring binder.
This is my first attempt at a Journal and I wanted something that I could add dimension too.

I began this page by painting on two layers of Gesso to prepare the surface and block out the color of the chipboard.  The Gesso makes it a bit more challenging to work with water reactive inks as the surface is more water resistant.  I found that if I didn't dry the layers thoroughly it could be easily rubbed off.  I used a combination of Distress Oxides and regular Distress Inks in the background.  The three coffees were stamped onto watercolor paper, colored with watercolors, fussy cut and then adhered with Multi Media Matte.  The burlap, lettering and arrow were all attached with the Multi Media Matte.

Thanks for visiting my blog.   Your comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome.

Supplies:





2 comments:

  1. That is so great looking! I to love coffee & coffee decor! I may just make a decor piece like this! I did a canvas thing in a class & it was lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete