For today's post I thought I would share a card I created using my new stamp set from Penny Black. This set is called "Time to Celebrate" 30-414. I love the combination of cats, dogs and hedgehogs all in the one set.
This card is a Box Card or Explosion Card that I made using a couple of the images from the set. The base for my card is adapted from a cut file by Amanda McGee "A2 Box Gift Card" Design ID # 69048 found in the Silhouette Studio. The celebrate sentiment is also a part of that cut file for the Silhouette.
- Assemble the card box shape.
- Use Distress Ink to sponge in a background for the images on the inside back panel and the outside front panels of the box card.
- Cut out and apply patterned paper for the front (2 1/2" X 2") & side(2 1/2" X 1 1/2") pop out panels of the box.
- The cat, dog and balloon are colored with Copic markers.
- Cut the image to remove the strings from the balloons and added Glossy Accents to the balloons. Set aside to dry.Then I cut a length of multi strand silver thread and use Scor tape to adhere it to the backside of the balloons.
- The cat is adhered to the internal panel just in front of the back using multi medium matte.
- The balloon element is then attached to the back panel. Used a piece of score tape with only one side of the protective coating remove to adhere the strings to the backside of the cat.
- Used multi medium matte to place the inside greeting and the Dog and sentiment to the flat side of the card.
I think I probably did this reveal in reverse but I thought the pop up was more fun for the top of my page. So... this is the flat closed image of the same card.
Here are a couple more of the cards I made using this stamp set.
Thanks for dropping by my blog. Your comments, questions or suggestions are always very welcome.