Sunday, February 26, 2017

Time to Celebrate Cards

For today's post I thought I would share a card I created using my new stamp set from Penny Black.  This set is called "Time to Celebrate" 30-414.  I love the combination of cats, dogs and hedgehogs all in the one set.
This card is a Box Card or Explosion Card that I made using a couple of the images from the set.  The base for my card is adapted from a cut file by Amanda McGee "A2 Box Gift Card"  Design ID # 69048 found in the Silhouette Studio.  The celebrate sentiment is also a part of that cut file for the Silhouette.
  1. Assemble the card box shape.
  2. Use Distress Ink to sponge in a background for the images on the inside back panel and the outside front panels of the box card.
  3. Cut out and apply patterned paper for the front (2 1/2" X 2") & side(2 1/2" X 1 1/2")  pop out panels of the box.
  4. The cat, dog and balloon are colored with Copic markers.
  5. Cut the image to remove the strings from the balloons and added Glossy Accents to the balloons.  Set aside to dry.Then I cut a length of multi strand silver thread and use Scor tape to adhere it to the backside of the balloons.
  6. The cat is adhered to the internal panel just in front of the back using multi medium matte.
  7. The balloon element is then attached to the back panel.  Used a piece of score tape with only one side of the protective coating remove to adhere the strings to the backside of the cat.
  8. Used multi medium matte to place the inside greeting and the Dog and sentiment to the flat side of the card.

       I think I probably did this reveal in reverse but I thought the pop up was more fun for the top of my page.  So... this is the flat closed image of the same card.

For this background I used a cloud cut out and lightly applied Distress Inks, Tumbled Glass for the sky and Peeled Paint for the ground.  The sentiment is one that I had already pre-stamped in my stash.  The sentiment is from an older Just Rite set "Birthday Sentiments Set 1" that fits nicely in a round stitched die that is part of Simon Says Stamp " Bundle of Stitched Shapes" SSSD111412.

Here are a couple more of the cards I made using this stamp set.





 Thanks for dropping by my blog.  Your comments, questions or suggestions are always very welcome. 

Supplies:





1 comment: