Monday, March 6, 2017

Trio of Cards from One Image


For my post today I have used the same floral image from Penny Black to make three different cards.  The image is a from the most recent release and is a cling stamp named "Awaken"  40-507.
The first card is rather simply done.  I stamped the flower using Archival Ink onto watercolor paper.  I then used my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors to paint a vivid yellow background in the negative space.  After the initial layer of watercolor was dry, I added a wash of "Red Gold No.902" from the "Starry Colors" set which gave it a beautiful shimmer which is hard to capture here.
The panel was cut to 4"X 5 1/2" and then framed with a layer of black CS measuring 4 1/4" X 5 3/4".  This is then adhered to my A-6 size card 6" X 9".  Then sentiment is computer generated.  The font is CapriHMK.   I added a few sequins from my stash as a finishing touch.

For my second card I used watercolor again but I was going for a softer spring look.   I used my Avery Elle " Wonky Stitches" die to create the focal panel.   I used micro pore tape to hold the panel in place on a cutting board which creates the white border and keeps the piece flat.   The blue background wash was the first step.   Once the background was dry I applied light touches of color to my flowers.  The stems of the flowers was the final step in my flowers.  I watered down the same green from the stems and used that to do the splatter, blotting off any unwanted splatter on the flowers with a paper towel.
The sentiment is from Penny Black "Special Wishes" 30-229.  I also added a few drops of Nuvo Crystal Drops "Clear"


My third card uses the same technique as the second but for this one I went for a bolder color palette.  
The sentiment is from Penny Black "Eloquence" set.  The dies are from Lil" Inker Designs "Stitched Rectangles" and  Whitelotous Cutting Dies.
There you have it ... one image with three different looks.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.  Your comments, questions and suggestions are always very welcome.

Supplies:



No comments:

Post a Comment