Monday, March 20, 2017

Hero Arts Spring Cards

The cards I am sharing today were created with some special recipients in mind.  These are among a group of cards that I plan to donate to "Cards For Hospitalized Kids Charity".  Their mission is to send cards to hospitals all over the US to help brighten the days of seriously ill children who often feel scared and lonely.

Here's their website if you would like more information:
www.cardsforhospitalizedkids.com/



All four of my cards use a predominance of Hero Arts products.  This first one uses the monthly kit from March and one of the add on sets from February called " Fun In the Rain" CM152.  For the watery background I used a wash of watercolor and then added the pooling and splashes with stamps from the set and Distress Tumbled Glass Ink.  The duck and ducklings are colored using Copic Markers.

This second card is created using the " Paper Layering Rabbbit"  DI371 and elements from the Hero Arts March Kit of the Month.   The fence, Easter basket with eggs and the burlap are all from the March Kit.  I used Copics to color the basket and eggs and added just a touch of color the bunny with colored pencils.



This one is probably my favorite of the four.  I just love the way the vegetables from the set can be tucked into the garden soil created using the die from the March set.  There is also a sentiment that says "how does your garden grow" which would be perfect for a gardening friend.  I chose this one because it is meant to cheer a sick child.  All the coloring is Copic except the cloudy sky which I created by sponging Distress Ink over the clouds included in the February Hero Arts monthly kit.

This is the closed view of my box card

The last card is a box card.  When I get a new stamp set I often stamp all of the images on a heavy cardstock and color them without and idea as to where I will use them.  I like doing this because it allows me to make little scenes for my cards.  This card is one that I created using the colored images that I had left over from the cards above.
The box card base is from a die by Lawn Fawn.
This is the opened box card
I think that box cards are a lot of fun for children and hope this one will bring a smile this Easter.
The umbrella and rainbow are from the February monthly kit and the rest are from the March kit.

Thank you for dropping by my blog.  Your comments, questions and suggestions are always most welcome.


Supplies:




<

2 comments:

  1. Wow, LaVon - just love all your cards for CFHK! The kids will love them too! Especially love your box card - so fun!! I just watched LF's tutorial on it - of course, it's sold out already, oh well... Your paper layering bunny looks darling with the basket of eggs too - I'll have to try that one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. As you know from your own work it is nice to have the inspiration of these little ones when you are putting these together. I know that all of your wonderful cards for CFHK is greatly appreciated.

      Delete