Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Floral Bliss & Lace Birthday Cards

My cards today were created as an entry in the Simon Says Stamp Flickr group challenge. You can find details and rules for the challenge HERE.  The challenge is to use a stencil in your creation.  I just got the beautiful Circular Lace by Simon Says Stamp which I thought would be fun to use in the challenge.

The idea for the background was a combination of a my original idea and a happy accident along the way.   I used a spray glimmer mist that has been in my stash for a long time from Tattered Angels to mist over the stencil.  This background was actually a piece of paper that I placed behind the panel that I was going to use for my card.  When I picked up my original panel I saw the impression that was left behind and liked it more.  It gave me the idea for this angled background.   .   
I have recently seen card makers adding a spray of adhesive to the back of the stencil to hold it in place.   I have to admit that I wasn't so sure about this... but thought I would give it a try.  It worked like a charm.  The next time I need to hold a stencil in place I will definitely do it again.  The only caution I would advise is to use the spray in a well ventilated area.
For the floral spray I stamped the flowers onto vellum using VersaMark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I turned the vellum over and used my copics to add some color to the backsides,  you don't even have to stay in the lines.  I then fussy cut out each of the flowers and leaves.  They are adhered in place using Scor Tape, the coloring keeps it from showing on the front side.   

This card is more of where I was headed with my original idea.  Used the same materials here with a different color scheme.  The small daisy flower is stamped and heat embossed onto a yellow card stock.  

I added some Liquid Pearl drops to the top card and white Nuvo drops to the second card.  In the end I have two cards that are created with the same idea in mind and two different looks.

Thanks for dropping by.   Your comments, questions and recommendations are always very welcome.

Supplies:




1 comment: