Saturday, April 23, 2016

CraZy Mini Birds ATC & Cards

I have been playing with the Mini Bird Crazy & Things set.  It is a great set for creating more masculine cards and just plain fun because of the great expressive faces.  My latest passion is working with watercolor so all of these were done using that medium.
All of the work here was done on watercolor paper that I cut to ATC size, 2 1/2" X 3 1/2".  I found a watercolor paper that I like to work with that is available through Amazon that is of good quality and a 6" X 9" , 100% cotton, 140 lb. at a very reasonable price. It is from the Bee Paper Company.  
The beauty of this size is that they are ATC's that I can keep or trade and they are perfect size for card creations.  All of my flowers were just free hand watercolors.  
The little scene behind the crazy bird on the lower left is done using stamps from the Hero Arts monthly kit from November 2016.  The sentiments are from a Stampendous "Spring Sentiments" SSC1239.

Using some of these same images and ATC size cards I did make a couple of cards as well.  This one is embellished with a doily and some washi tape.  I also added a tiny butterfly from my stash and a few gems as a finishing touch.  This card will be entered in Paru's Card Making Challenge for the month of April.


I thought this one would be a great card to have on hand for a masculine birthday card.  The sentiment on this one is from Penny Black "Sprinkles and Smiles" 30-297.  I love this set and use it a lot.


Thanks for dropping in and checking out my blog.  Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

Supplies:


1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful! Your watercoloring is great, and the feel of the cards is warmth and fun. Thank you for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete