Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Look For The Miracles / SSS June Kit

I am back to share four cards that I created with the Simon Says Stamp Card Kit for the Month of June.  Almost everything I used to make my cards is included in the kit.

This first one is easily done by adding some fun coloring and shading with Distress Markers.  I gave a bit of shimmer by making  patterns on the lettering using glitter gel pens from Kaiser colour.  One of which came with the kit.  The others are from my own stash.  After the coloring I simply cut out the panel and layered it on one of the patterned papers from Bo Bunny 6X6 " "Believe", from the kit.  To finish I added a few sequins from my own collection.

For this second card I used the rubber stamps in the set to make a wreath around the sentiment.  The leaves that hang over the edge are fussy cut and glued in place using "Ranger Matte Multi Medium".  I layered the stitched circle with wreath element onto another of the patterned papers from the kit.  As a finishing touch I added a bit of shimmer using a Zig Wink of Stella pen.

This card was made with the help of my Misti tool.  I used it to make my own free style print pattern for the front panel.  The sentiment is printed from my computer onto vellum.  I applied clear embossing powder to the sentiment while it was still wet and heat embossed.  I added the small rectangle behind the vellum to make the sentiment pop a bit.   To finish I embellished it with some of the enamel dots from the kit and a bit of shimmer from the glitter gel pen. 

My fourth card is a easy shaker card.  I stamped the sentiment onto vellum and added black embossing powder to heat emboss. 
To create the shaker I cut a second square of white card stock 1/2" smaller than the vellum panel.  Then I used a strong double-sided tape like "Scor-tape" from the backside to make a pocket for the sequins.  The tape is added to the last side after the sequins are placed.  I used my bone folder tool to make sure that the pocket was totally sealed on all four sides before removing the protective cover on tape.  After the pocket was sealed I simply peeled the protective covering off and adhered the pocket to the front panel.   I embellished with some of the enamel dots from the kit at the four corners of the pocket.

I will be entering my cards in the current SSS Flickr challenge. 

Thanks for dropping in to see my SSS Card Kit creations.  Your comments, questions and suggestions are always most welcome.


1 comment:

  1. WOW... they all are gorgeous, LaVon. I love your coloring and the shaker card is so much fun :)