Monday, February 8, 2016

Hero Arts Fabulous Flowers


The card I made for the current Hero Arts challenge Fabulous Flowers is a combination of plan and accident.

Many of my cards start out with a plan that changes midstream because of something going a bit wrong. I started with a background that I created with watercolors from my recent watercolor class. The mistake happened when I tried to stamp the flower image directly to the background. Of course, it was totally lost on this bright background.

Plan #2: Just cover it and make a new plan. What any self respecting card maker would do...right? Not bad, until I noticed that a tiny bit of the stem from my original stamping showed on the bottom edge.


Plan #3: You may notice that the hello sentiment is right on the edge of my oval. Guess what that covers up. A tiny bit of stem from my original mistake. Oh yes, one more thing. I decided to place a few scattered sequins. They also cover the tiniest little bit of that original image.

All in all, I think it turned out to be a happy accident card. Many of my cards begin this way and some of them end up becoming something I like.

Thanks you stopping by! Your comments, questions and or suggestions are always welcome.

1 comment:

  1. super pretty!
    Thanks for joining the Hero Arts Fabulous Flowers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete