Thursday, February 11, 2016

12 tags of 2016 / February



I am late getting started with the Tim Holtz "12 tags of 2016"  technique remix challenge. I did most of the 12 months for last year and found it great fun. Couldn't resist working with the Crazy Cats for this one. Tim's Inspiration tag was more in tune with February and Valentine's Day. Given I am off to such a late start, I decided to concentrate more on the  techniques that he demonstrated this month.  It was as much fun as I remembered from last year.  One of the tags that I created for last year's challenge has been re-pinned 367 times on pintrest and another has 167 re-pins so far.  Not bad for little ole me.  Here is the link if you are curious. 



The two techniques used are:
Stencil Monoprint shown in the upper right hand corner 
Embossed Paste the brick wall in the lower left corner   
I ended up using the same stencil to do both techniques in the remix.  The stamp set I used for the birds on the wire is an older set not sure if it is still available but it is TH Visual Artistry "Life's Possibilities". The background is just the cool result of the distress ink reacting to a spritz of water.
As always, thank you for dropping by.  Your comments questions or recommendations are very welcome.

SUPPLIES:



4 comments:

  1. Love your tag and it's nice to see something other than the Valentine theme, even though that's what I'll probably end up doing - LOL! Love your coloring on the crazy cat (can't wait to get that set!). I can see why your other tag has been re-pinned so many times - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you kind words. I am going to watch for your tag. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Go you on all the pins! I can see why. And I love the crazy cats. Great choice. Creative Blessings! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! Gotta check your pins...

    ReplyDelete