Monday, September 26, 2016

Mo Manning Digi Christmas Cards

One of my favorite artist to use for making cards is Mo Manning.  She sells her art work in a digital format at Mo's Digital Pencil.  You might also recognize her work from the rubber stamps that she has created for Penny Black.   I love her work and own it in both forms.  
This cute digital file is called "Seasons Greetings 2016".   I was able to use my inkjet printer to print the image onto watercolor paper.  I could have probably used a plain cardstock instead but I wasn't sure whether or not I would use watercolors.  Actually, I found that watercolor is not the best choice as the inkjet ink tends to bleed a little with water.   I used Copic Markers for the coloring of the card above.



This is the second card done with the watercolor.  As you can see, there was a different result.  It is not terrible but not as good as my first card.   No, I do not own stitched dies in these shapes.  I used the dies I do own in some creative ways to make the frames for my images.


Who doesn't love a Christmas snowman?  This is one of my favorites from Mo Manning called appropriately enough "Snowman" .   I used the same printer for this one with layering weight plain white cardstock which feeds through the printer very easily.  I colored my image with Copic Marker for this one as well.  To add the glitter snow, I simply applied a bit of Ranger Multi Medium Matte and while it was still wet sprinkled it with a clear glitter.
For a finishing touch, I couldn't resist adding a few sequins from my stash.

Thanks for checking out my cards.  I hope they provide some inspiration.  Your comments, questions or suggestions are always welcome.

Supplies:



No comments:

Post a Comment