Today I got out my newest Hero Arts die sets and had fun creating for the 2016 Christmas season. This 3-D snowflake set is a great set. Once I started playing with it, the possibilities seemed endless.
For this first card, I used both layers of the dies.
- I first arranged the dies outlines on a layer of patterned paper and cut out those spaces.
- Then I adhered the cutout patterned paper to the front of my A-2 sized card.
- I positioned the snowflake 3d dies in the spaces and ran them back through my Cuttlebug to cut the pop up insides.
- The Joy die is also from Hero Arts. I die cut it from " Foamies" glitter sticky back foam sheets.
- Centers of the snowflakes are Glitter Domes.
My second card uses the same two dies with addition of the tag die from the Hero Arts Monthly Kit for this past June.
- This time I cut only the inside of the snowflake on the panel inside the tag.
- I also added a layer of silver glitter paper behind the snowflakes that show through when the snowflakes are popped out.
- The Joy sentiment is again cut from the adhesive backed glitter foam.
- To finish the card I added two tags of patterned paper from my stash and an small tag to carry the rest of the sentiment.
- I added the gems to the centers of the snowflakes and a bit of silver twine to embellish.
Finally, I made this tag from some of remaining pieces on my craft table.
- The snowflake here is both of the die layers cut from the same piece of glimmer paper.
- From the adhesive backed glitter foam, I die cut the Joy sentiment and the enforcement ring at the top of the tag. I used the inside of that ring for the center of the snowflake..
- I used a "Kaiser Glitter Gel Pen" to add the stitching and a outline of part of the sentiment (hoping to hide a overstamping and make it look intentional).
- Some ribbon and twine from my stash to finish it off.