Wednesday, August 31, 2016

CraZy Dog Birthday

I made this one for my daughter's boyfriend using the CraZy Dog stamp set from Tim Holtz.  One of the great things about these dogs is that with a slight bit of creative editing and coloring you can make them look similar to your own family pet.


I had to make the tail a little longer and the coloring was done with copic markers to mimic my daughters dog "Rory".  The glasses are an embellishment that has been in my stash forever.   I am not sure where I got them.
Rory is a wonderful mutt that we rescued from a high kill shelter.  He came to us through a group called "Rescue Warriors" that works with Veterans and their families.  They transport puppies from the high kill facilities in the south to cities like Chicago and find them homes.    

Rory loves to go for car rides with my daughter and sticks his head out of window while wearing his "doggles".   Actually, I think I captured his look and personality pretty well with the popped balloons.  That is definitely the way they would appear if he were near by.  

Thanks for dropping by my blog to have a look at my work.  Your comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

SUPPLIES:




1 comment:

  1. Absolutely adorable, LaVon! Such a special card since you made it look so much like Rory! Darling picture--I didn't know doggles were a real thing!

    ReplyDelete