Monday, August 1, 2016

CraZy Dog Days of Summer

The cards I made this past weekend were both inspired by the new addition to Tim Holtz collection, "Crazy Dogs".  As you can see I had a lot of fun here.



I used a computer generated sentiment for each of the two cards.  What I love about these Crazy Dogs are these whimsical expressions.  They seem to beg for some clever sentiment to bring them to life. 
The patterned papers used are taken from the July kit by Simon Says Stamp.  All of the coloring for both cards was done with Distress Inks, either by sponge blending or applying to my craft sheet and picking it up with a waterbrush.


To give the backgrounds a bit more interest, I used Distress to add color to the resist kraft paper in the top card.  On the second card a stencil was used for the texture.  Masking was done on both cards.  For the first card I used only "Distress Micro Glaze" for this.  For the second card I cut out masks because of the layering of the images.  

Thanks for dropping in to see my cards.   I am always happy to get any comments, questions or suggestions you might have.


SUPPLIES:





1 comment: