Saturday, August 15, 2020

My Blue Butterflies Slimline Card

I hope you like blue as much as I love this "Brilliant Butterflies" set from MFT stamps.  I decided to try this in shades of blue for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge , this week the theme is " Midsummer Blues".
 The base for the card is a teal blue heavy card stock 8"X 9" that I selected from my stash because it closely matched the color theme.  I used the from "Slimline Card Builder" die from  Whimsy Stamps to cut out a panel from Canson XL watercolor paper.    I used my watercolors from Daniel Smith to paint three evenly spaced background swatches of blues.
Once completed dried,  my butterflies are stamped using Hero Arts "Splash" and "Blue Hawaii" ink with VersaFine "Onyx Black" for the black portion.  There is a backing layer cut from black card stock measuring 3 1/2" X 8 1/2" that is adhered to the panel.  Then I added both to the card base.  The sentiment is cut from Simon Says Stamp "CZ Design SENTIMENT STRIPS REVERSE HAPPY"  strip sheets.  For embellishment I added a gemstone from my stash to the center of each butterfly. 
Thanks for dropping by my blog.  Your comments, questions or suggestions are always welcome.

Supplies:

Dies:                Whimsy Stamps "Slimline Card Builder"
Inks:                Hero Arts "Blue Hawaii" & "Splash"
                            VersaFine  "Onyx Black"
Paper:             Canson XL watercolor paper
Sentiment:    Simon Says Stamp  "CZ Design SENTIMENT STRIPS REVERSE HAPPY" 

5 comments:

  1. Saw this on IG, but wanted a better look, LaVon. Love the watercolor swatches & the beautiful blue butterflies! Such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has really turned out to be such a fun set to work with. Thanks again for inspiring me to get it.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful slimline card design and colors.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this useful information.

    Need assistance for 123.hp.com/setup printer? We are provide extensive solution for hp printer setup, driver install and wifi setup. Visit us to our website.

    HP Envy 6055e Wifi Setup
    HP Envy Photo 7858 Wifi Setup

    ReplyDelete