Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Easter Bunnies for Easter

 

Easter is going be celebrated early this year.  With that in mind, I have been working on my cards for the occasion.  I am sharing a card today using some fun products from Whimsy Stamps.  

My card is an A6 size easel card.  The card base is (5 3/4" X "9") scored and folded at 4 1/2".   I used my easy tape to mask off a border on the front of my card.  I used "Salvaged Patina" Distress Ink to add some light coloring. Then using this same ink I stamped the "Meshy Mesh" cling background over the front of my card before removing my masking tape.  Once the front of my card was inked and stamped, I scored the front of the card at 2 1/4".



Using my copic markers I color two of the sweet bunny images from the "Easter Bunnies" set from Whimsy Stamps.  This set has both an Outline Die and the wonderful new No Fuss Masks available.  If you haven't tried the No Fuss Masks, I would highly recommend them.  After coloring the image on the front I was able to use these great masks to place over my colored image before adding a simple ink blended background.  I used the "Basic Stitched Oval" dies to cut around the colored panel and make a white frame.  This is added the front of the card with liquid glue placed only to the lower portion of the panel.   

On the inside of my card I used one of the sentiments that comes in the set.  To make the ledge for the easel card stop, I stacked the "Simple Sentiment Strips" 3 layers high.   I used one of the bunnies colored and die cut to add to the corner.   For embellishments I used some little hearts and clear gems from my stash.

I have added links to the products in the text above.  As always, I  am happy to see your comments and answer any questions you may have.   

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment