Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Wishing All A Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year!


I am looking forward to the New Year and hoping that recent health issues for my husband and myself are left behind in 2016.  December was a hectic month for me, not only was there all the usual holiday excitement, but I was recovering from knee replacement surgery.    My surgery went very well and I am back to my blog with a clean slate for the 2017.  

Today I am sharing a couple of my latest cards to celebrate the New Year.   I used the Hero Arts Monthly December  Kit for both.  Love the dimensional burst die that is included in the kit. The kit also includes some wonderful papers and a very glittery gold embossing powder. Perfect for cards with a lot of pizzazz.  

For the top card:

  • Cut the blue glimmer paper to 4" X 5 1/4" and the gold foil paper to 4 1/4 X 5 1/2.
  • Diecut the burst from the glimmer blue paper and draw a line on each beam with the gold pen from the kit.
  • I cut the sentiment apart, stamped the New Year portion from Hero Arts " Greetings for the Holidays" CL619 with VersaMark and heat embossed with the gold glitter powder.
  • Diecut several of the star bursts and Happy " Merry and Bright" Ellen Hutson EEDIEJ-006-14 from the gold fold paper and glue with dot of Multi Medium to the tips of the beams.  I added a bit of multi medium under each beam and let it dry to help maintain the dimension in the burst.
  • Adhere the blue to the gold layer and then both to a A-6 white card base.



For my second card: 

  • Used Allery Elle "Wonky Stitch Die" D-04-11 to cut the blue panel and a white card stock panel.  I also used a smaller rectangle die from "Lil' Inker Designs " stitched rectangles for stamping the champagne bubbles.
  • Stamp and die cut the bottle from a scrap of green glimmer paper (in my stash) and again on a scrap of white CS for the label.  I used the small circle from a die cut tag to add for the gold label.  Color added with Antique Linen Distress Marker.
  • Die cut the "Cheers" from both the gold foil and the blue glimmer papers.
  • After cutting the burst from the gold foil, I cut away the excess paper to reveal the beams of the burst.
  • My stars are from my stash and created with the Simon Says Stamp "Stacked Stars" Die  SSD111599.
  • The "2017" was created using my Silhouette.
  • The card base is A-6.  4 1/2" x 6". 
I am adding this card to the current challenge with the A Blog Named Hero because the kit is new to me.  The Wonky Dies were also a Christmas gift and therefore new to me so  I am entering the Wednesday Challenge at SSS.
Thanks for dropping by my blog.  Your comments, questions or suggestions are always very welcome.


Supplies:



2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too! Love both your cards. Love all the details and the layout of each. Thanks for playing along with ABNH!

    ReplyDelete