I am looking forward to the New Year and hoping that recent health issues for my husband and myself are left behind in 2016. December was a hectic month for me, not only was there all the usual holiday excitement, but I was recovering from knee replacement surgery. My surgery went very well and I am back to my blog with a clean slate for the 2017.
Today I am sharing a couple of my latest cards to celebrate the New Year. I used the Hero Arts Monthly December Kit for both. Love the dimensional burst die that is included in the kit. The kit also includes some wonderful papers and a very glittery gold embossing powder. Perfect for cards with a lot of pizzazz.
For the top card:
- Cut the blue glimmer paper to 4" X 5 1/4" and the gold foil paper to 4 1/4 X 5 1/2.
- Diecut the burst from the glimmer blue paper and draw a line on each beam with the gold pen from the kit.
- I cut the sentiment apart, stamped the New Year portion from Hero Arts " Greetings for the Holidays" CL619 with VersaMark and heat embossed with the gold glitter powder.
- Diecut several of the star bursts and Happy " Merry and Bright" Ellen Hutson EEDIEJ-006-14 from the gold fold paper and glue with dot of Multi Medium to the tips of the beams. I added a bit of multi medium under each beam and let it dry to help maintain the dimension in the burst.
- Adhere the blue to the gold layer and then both to a A-6 white card base.
For my second card:
- Used Allery Elle "Wonky Stitch Die" D-04-11 to cut the blue panel and a white card stock panel. I also used a smaller rectangle die from "Lil' Inker Designs " stitched rectangles for stamping the champagne bubbles.
- Stamp and die cut the bottle from a scrap of green glimmer paper (in my stash) and again on a scrap of white CS for the label. I used the small circle from a die cut tag to add for the gold label. Color added with Antique Linen Distress Marker.
- Die cut the "Cheers" from both the gold foil and the blue glimmer papers.
- After cutting the burst from the gold foil, I cut away the excess paper to reveal the beams of the burst.
- My stars are from my stash and created with the Simon Says Stamp "Stacked Stars" Die SSD111599.
- The "2017" was created using my Silhouette.
- The card base is A-6. 4 1/2" x 6".