Sunday, November 5, 2017

Christmas Thank You with Penny Black

Yay! .... I just discovered a new challenge and the best thing about it is that it features stamps from my favorite company Penny Black.  Thanks to my fellow card making friend, Greta for giving me the information.  Today's card is for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  The challenge of the group this month is to create a thank you card using a Penny Black product as the main focus.

For my trees I pulled out an oldie that is still available "Robin's Kingdom" 30-056.  The trees were embossed with white embossing powder.  I used Distress Inks in "Tumbled Glass" and "Stormy Sky" to sponge in a sky over a masked hillside that I created using post it notes. I didn't bother with masking the trees before adding the sky.  It was easy to just add the color over the top of the blue, which I did with a waterbrush and distress ink used as watercolor. My little Penny Black skating mouse is from the "Jolly Critters" 30-264 set and colored with Prismacolor pencils. To give the illusion of ice or snow I again used the distress ink with my waterbrush to add some lines and a touch of color.  The sentiment is also a die from Penny Black "Wishes" 51-036.  For a bit of sparkle I added some glossy accents and applied a some crystal glitter to it while it was still wet. 
I know that I always need thank you cards around the holidays.  This one may be going to my mail carrier.  Hope you find the card inspiring and that you may also check out the lovely challenge with the Penny Black Saturday Challenge group.
Thanks for dropping by my blog.  Your comments, questions and suggestions are always most welcome.

3 comments:

  1. So happy to see you entered our challenge & DT Call, LaVon! Such an adorable winter scene--love how you added the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card... love the cute image....
    thanks for joining us at PBSC this month
    Hugs Sylvie DTx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! So happy you found us!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete