Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Hero Arts Christmas Shaker

When I got the Hero Arts My Monthly Kit for October my first idea was a snow globe and of course it would need to be a shaker too.  The October kit is sold out but I thought I would share my card for those of you who have the kit and might find some inspiration in my card idea.

I created the snow globe using a stamp and die set from Lawn Fawn "Ready Set Snow" LF 973 and LF 975.  My card is a square card measuring 5 1/2" X 5 1/2" overall.   My north pole scene was stamped then colored using Prismacolor pencils onto a panel of white card stock measuring 5" X 5".  My shaker panel is  created by cutting the snow globe from fun foam and the patterned paper taking care to line up all the openings above the image.   To assemble the shaker, I glued the foam in place with multi media matte , added the sequin mixture then a piece of acetate and the pre-stamped patterned paper.   The snow globe base was stamped onto a scrap of the red card base and cut out with the coordinating die set.  To finish it off I added the cute Eskimo dog sled, a bow from a bit of waxed cording and couple of glittery brads from my stash to embellish the sentiment.  

This is a second card that I made using the October Kit.   I used a oval die to cut out my focal area from white card stock that I then embossed using a folder from Cuttlebug "Ben Day Dots"  The little scene was created using post it notes as masks, stamping an coloring with copic markers.  In the end I also drew in a little building with a micron marker behind the train because the stamp lines were hitting in the wrong spot on the little train.  It worked and I think it looks better after that little correction of my mistake.

Thanks so much for dropping by my blog.  I hope you found something to inspire you to create something fun.  Your comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Love your cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are very cute - love them both! I have this set, but didn't use it this year - collecting ideas for next though!

    ReplyDelete