Sunday, December 3, 2017

Peace on Earth

I always find that Christmas cards using these peaceful blue tones are among my favorites to create.  For these two cards I used stamps from a Limited Edition Tim Holtz set that was part of the Simon Says Stamp Stamptember event.  Sadly they are no longer available.  I hope that some of you who got these stamps may find some inspiration in my cards.
Both of these cards were easy to create and I loved the result.  I started by using Distress Oxide Inks to make a blended background and activated the ink with some water splatters.  Once dryed and treated with my anti static pillow, I heat embossed the images with super fine detail white embossing powder.  My favorite is from Hot Off The Press Inc.  


For the snowflakes and to back my panels I used some glitter paper from DCWV .  These snowflakes are from a Simon Says Stamp Die, "Stitched Snowflakes" Style S329. The Peace On Earth sentiment used on the top card is a Tim Holtz "Holiday Words" thinlet die.  The stitched rectangle die is one that use so much and it is the one from Lil Inkers Inc.
I am adding these two cards to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.  Your comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment