Sunday, December 10, 2017

A Wish For Peace

This card is going to be my entry in the Penny Black Saturday Challenge for the month of December, the theme is "Winter or Christmas".  I thought I would use my new Penny Black set, "Peaceful Winter" 30-450 with an older set "Christmas Harmony" 30-194 for the sentiment.


To begin I used post its to mask off the hillside and a moon shape. Then I used  Distress Inks to sponge in a sky.  After I was happy with the sky, I added in the trees using my Misti tool and Distress Inks which I layered using with repeat stamping different colors of the Distress.   I used a waterbrush to work the colors in the scene, diluting in some areas and blending it into the scene.


Thank You for dropping in to my blog.  Your comments, suggestions and questions are always very welcome.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card LaVon, a lovely winter scene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Robin. Wishing you a wonderful holiday and a very creative and happy new year!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! Wishing you a happy holiday and a wonderful new year!

      Delete
  3. I love how you created this wintry scene!
    Thanks for playing at the PBSC!
    Thanks so much for entering our Penny Black Saturday Challenge design team call - I've loved having a nosey around your blog!
    Best wishes for 2018!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete