Saturday, June 9, 2018

June Wedding Bells

The theme for the current SSS Wednesday Challenge is Weddings and Anniversary Cards.  We attended a wedding last weekend and realized that I have used all the wedding cards that were in my card stash.  Great timing for me to create two new cards using the "Beautiful Flowers" stamp set that came in the June Monthly card kit.  As usual the kit is sold out by now but many of the products from the kit are still available. 
For this card I used just one of the corners of the larger floral spray and stamped the smaller matching flower to pop up.  The coloring is done using my ZIG Markers and the die I used here is from Avery Elle WONKY STITCHES Set.  The sentiment from SSS CONGRATULATIONS is stamped using Tsukineko VersaFine ONYX BLACK Ink   on vellum and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The background embossed panel is done using the one of the new Tim Holtz Sizzix 3D Texture Fades Embossing Folders.  This is the one that was included in the June kit called "BOTANICAL".   The gem ewmbellishmenets  are Studio Katia CUPID'S KISS Crystals.  
My second card has probably my favorite of the pair.  The silver embossing is very pretty in person.  For this card I stamped the larger image for the "Beautiful Flowers" set with VersaMark directly onto one of the patterned papers from ModaScrap FLY AND SCRAP 6x6 Paper that was in the June Kit and heat embossed using Ranger Embossing Powder SUPER FINE SILVER Detail.   I again used my Zig Markerand a waterbrush to add the coloring.  The sentiment is from SSS CONGRATULATIONS and embossed in the SUPER FINE SILVER Detail embossing powder.  The sequins are from my stash.

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog.  Your comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

2 comments:

  1. LaVon, those are beautiful wedding cards! Your coloring is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these, LaVon, but the pastels are my favorite! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete