Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Celebrate the Wonder

Today I have another Christmas card because I couldn't just stop with one of the new Penny Black stamps for Christmas 2017.   When this "Hedgy Joy" 30-447 stamp arrived I knew it was going to be a favorite.
 
I also pulled out a couple of my favorite older releases from my Penny Black collection to create the background for the hedgy.  The trees and star are from "Robin's Kingdom" 30-056 and the sentiment is from "The Wonder" 30-040
The hedgy is colored using Copic Markers.  The masking I did for my background used a combination of full adhesive Post-It notes and Pebeo drawing gum.  There was a very slight bleeding of the red copic marker with the drawing gum so if I were doing it again I would use the Post-It on the hedgy or color him in after the background. The snowy effect was created by splattering the sky with drawing gum, letting it completely dry and sponging over the splatters with Distress Inks.  The drawing gum works beautifully with Distress as a resist that you simply remove with your finger or an eraser to reveal the snowy sky.    I added some fine glitter to the star and the snowy hill for a finishing touch.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.  Making cards is my greatest joy second only to sharing them with others who might get inspiration for their own creations.  Your comments, questions or suggestions are always very welcome.

1 comment: