Friday, August 18, 2017

Stardust on My Craft Table

Hello everyone!  I have not done a recent post lately but couldn't resist sharing my latest creations using the August My Monthly Hero Kit.  When I pulled this kit out of the box, I knew that I was going to have fun making some night galaxy skies.  For a girl who likes her sparkle this one is perfect.


To get the shine started for this card, I pulled out my frequently overlooked Minc machine.   I die cut the silhouette from a both heavy white card stock and a new to me product iCraft Deco Foil "PeelnStick Toner Sheets.  I peeled off the backing and adhered the toner to the die and ran it thru my Minc. with therm-o-web "Antique Pearl" transfer foil.  Magic... beautifully foiled and perfect.
For the background, I first stamped the galaxy star images using VersaMark ink and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder.  I then placed the panel in a cardboard box and lightly sprayed the piece with the dark blue shimmer spray from the kit.  While still wet I sponged off some of the color that landed on top of my embossed images.  The sentiment was heat embossed after my panel was totally dry.  To bring back some of the detail I used my Uni-ball Signa white pen to highlight a few of the stars and the fishing line.  Then to add even more glittery fun, I backed my panel with silver glitter paper from DCWV and added a few touches of glitter adhered with Multi Media Matte.


My second card was very simple.  This beautiful specialty paper was included in the kit and it makes a wonderful backdrop for a simple silhouette like that of the floating girl.  She was heat embossed using black detail powder.  The sentiment is also heat embossed using a silver detail embossing powder.  These stars were created at the same time as the dies from the card above using my Minc. machine.  If you don't own this machine, I think that you could get a pretty result by simply embossing the star dies with a silver embossing powder.  I backed the white panel with a piece of the glitter card stock that was a left over from my first card.  After assembling my panel,  I adhered it to a  5.5" X 5.5" card made from a black shimmer card stock.

It was my pleasure to share my cards and hopefully inspire you.  Thank you, for dropping by to see them.  I am always happy to receive your comments, questions or suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! The night sky on the first one is so pretty. Thank you for sharing your card at A Blog Named Hero, please remember to be entered to win you need to link back to A Blog Named Hero (as described in challenge rules).

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab cards mf...love the sparkle on both of them
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete