Tuesday, May 15, 2018

For The Boys

This is the card I am adding to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.  The stamp set I used for the boy themed birthday card is one that I received as a birthday gift from Simon with my March order called "FAVORITE PUPERONI".  It is available and such fun for a masculine themed birthday card.   The product line recommendation for this week's theme is Lawn Fawn which gave the inspiration for this fun slider card.  There is a very good youtube video on the use of this die set HERE.

For the front image on my card  I masked off the pizza in the puppy's mouth using  piece of masking paper.  I used the same mask on the inside image for placing the hat and pizza.
The Lawn Fawn MAGIC COLOR SLIDER DIES makes the slider part easy to do.   I also used the coordinating set from Lawn Fawn  PUSH HERE Clear Stamps and Dies .   The patterned paper was in my stash from a previous SSS monthly kit collection.  


This is the opened view of the card.  I love the surprise reveals that make these cards such fun.  I used my colored pencils to do the coloring.  


I have two addition cards to show you that could be used for the boys.  Both of these cards use the Simon Says Stamp Suzy's PUNDER THE SEA Watercolor Prints  and Zig CLEAN COLOR Real Brush markers.  I find these preprinted images a quick and easy way to just get to fun part for me... the coloring.   I used a waterbrush with the Zigs to do a lot of color blending here.



Thank you for dropping by to check out my cards.  Your comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty and fun card ! Love the cute dog on the green gingham background. You did make a wonderful interactive card. Boys will definitely love it. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Marge xx

    ReplyDelete