Sunday, May 6, 2018

Blossoms & Butterflies

This is the card I made to enter is this weeks Wednesday Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp blog.  The theme for the challenge is "Animal Magic" and they are showcasing Gina K designs.   The stamps that I used on my card are from a clear set by Gina K Designs called "Birds & Blossoms".   I think that maybe butterflies can count as animals in an insect sense of the word? 


My background uses a stencil from The Crafters Workshop Rebekah Meier "Journal Musings" and the Distress Oxide Inks,  "Mermaid Lagoon" & "Squeezed Lemonade".   
I used VersaFine Onyx Black ink to stamp the butterfly image and the sentiment.   The leaves were stamped using Hero Arts Hybrid Ink Pad MOSS .    For coloring my image I used Zig Clean Color Brush Markers to add the color right over the background coloring.   To finish I used Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium MATTE  to add a few sequins from my stash.

I usually like to create a second card while I have out all the materials.  This is the second card that I made this session.


This one is square and uses the same stamp set.  To get the butterfly without the flower I just inked the butterfly and wiped any unwanted ink off before stamping.  No masking involved in the this card at all.   The embellishment is Pretty Pink Posh 6MM & 3MM CLEAR DROPLETS .

Thank you for dropping in to check out my blog.  Your comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.


1 comment:

  1. Your cards showcasing GinaK stamps are perfect! Lovely coloring and your stenciled backgrounds really made the flowers and creatures pop. And I love the sentiments so much, which resonate well with the great nautre you created. Maybe I need to get that set too! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Marge xx
    www.simonsaysstamp.com

    ReplyDelete