Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Birthday Fishes

I am always in need of more birthday cards for the fellows in my life.  So with that in mind, I created this one using stamps and dies from Tim Holtz.



This card is also going to be an entry in the Simon Says Stamp blog Wednesday Challenge . the challenge theme is "Add Texture" and the suggested product is Tim Holtz.   For the texture I did an embossed and inlay technique.  The die I used is actually on from Tim Holtz "Holiday Greens"  658759 thinlits .  
My background is Distress Oxides "Salty Ocean" and "Faded Jeans" applied with a water brush.  I also added a touch of texture by sponging thru a stencil
I used Archival Inks to stamp the images from Tim Holtz "Sea Life" CmS304 .  I inked the die cuts with the Colbalt Archival and heat embossed using Hero Arts "White Satin Pearl" powder.
As a final touch of texture I applied some drizzles of Collage Medium Matte and sprinkled on some vintage gold glitter from my stash.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my latest card.  Your comments, questions and suggestions are always most welcome.

Supplies:

Dies:         Holiday Greens"  6587 
Stencil:    Tim Holtz Layering Stencil DOT FADE THS006


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lavon :-) I love the whole underwater scene! the fish and inlaid die cuts are fabulous! LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Love your under water scene!

    ReplyDelete