Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Fiesta Time !

I finally am getting some time to post my latest card creations using the My Monthly Hero April kit.  This kit is still available the last time I checked.  As you can see I am have fun playing with it.  These are five of the cards I have done with it so far.


Card # 1
The background on this 1st card was created by masking off a circle then using the inks in the kit to sponge in and blend the colors. The die also included in this kit was cut from black cardstock.  I also cut a small rectangle from the black cardstock to make a little stage for the trumpeter.  All the images for the five cards were stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers


Card #2


For this second card put my little bird birthday scene on a tag cut from Kraft cardstock using a die from Lil Inker "Anytime Tags".    The ribbon was included in the kit. I stamped both of the sentiments onto white cardstock and highlighted both with some of the same colors of Copic markers that were used in the coloring. The sentiment strips were using a very inexpensive set of dies that I order on the Amazon site.   They don't appear to be available any longer.
Card #3

Cards #3 and #4 both use the same Lil Inker tag die.  The backgrounds were created using a Stencil Brush  and the ink from the kit to apply very light coloring.
For both of these cards I used the Unryu Paper in this month's kit.  
Card #4







       

For card #3, I put the Unryu paper in my paper trimmer but instead cutting it I ran a bead of water on the cutting line and gently tore the paper along the water lines.  I love the natural looking edge you get with this method.  I also used an edge die from Die-Namics "Homespun Stitch Lines" for a finishing touch to the edge.   For Card #4, I used the Unryu paper to create a fringe embellishment for the bottom edge of the tag. I have also known this type of paper to be called "Mulberry" paper.




The fifth card is probably my favorite because it is a shaker card.  I used a die from Poppy Stamps " Madison Window " to create a shaker window for the musical mouse to perform from.  The "Wonky Stitches" die from Avery Elle was used for the panel.

Thank You, for dropping by to check out my blog.   Your comments, questions and suggestions are always very welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment