Thursday, April 26, 2018

Kind Heart

Today my Simon Says Stamp May Monthly Card Kit was in my mailbox.  I couldn't wait to make a card with the kit.  I am in love the color palette of the papers, stickers and inks in this kit.   The hummingbird image is so beautiful and  of course, teacup planters  will always appeal to my feminine side. 




I often use patterned paper as an inspiration for my color palette and the patterned paper from Pinkfresh Studio "Let Your Heart Decide" in this kit is so beautiful.  The one that I used for this card is just the kind that totally gets my creative juices flowing.  I will most likely be using it as inspiration for another card soon.
The stamping was done with VersaFine Onyx Black ink onto Canson Bristol XL paper.  For coloring I used watercolor markers from Tombow and a watercolor brush to closely match the colors present in the paper.   
Almost everything that I used to create this card can be found in the May Monthly  kit which is at this moment still available.  They do sell out quickly.   I did use the Die-namics MFT651 "Cross Stitch Oval" die (may no longer be available) for my focal panel and the "Stitched Banners" SSSD111584 from Simon for the sentiment.   The sequins are from my stash and I am not sure that they were need. 

Thank You for stopping by my blog.  Your comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

Challenges:  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment